hitme#

Friday 2 September 2011

#239 VV not Brown

If you know Rox & I well, you will know how much we LOVE this woman! This is Jessica (known as VINTAGEVIRGIN), a thrifter/blogger/bad-ass mama from America (TEXAS) who started blogging as a pastime a little over a year ago and gained a huge following through it. I managed to get an interview with her a couple of weeks ago, just thought I would share it with you guys! Check out her blog if you are into thrifting/DIY/and if you love the word FUCK! CLICK HERE! 

You have inspired a lot of people and have created a huge following on many social networking sites. But, what inspires YOU?

I love the 60s and 90s at the moment. Anywhere from Twiggy to Lil Kim! I can love one thing and hate it the next. My fans are also my inspiration!! hehe!

How many tattoos do you have? And which means the most to you?

I think I have 12. My knuckle tat says 'MOMS RULE' cause I love being a mom and my chest piece 'LOVE LOST CAUSE' is also a very sentimental one as I lost my sister to breast cancer 8 yrs ago.

Do you do a lot of travelling?

Not really, I visit my bff in San Fransisco and New York maybe twice a year.

Quote/Saying you live by?

If you dont give a damn, we dont give FUCK!

Name one record that will never bore you

I'm a death metal lover soooooooo Cannibal Corspe - Evisceration Plague! I could listen to this album from beginning to end continuously, it never gets old!

Most sentimental thing you own?

A 1950s swimsuit that way my grandmas 1st swimsuit. She wore it to a contest on the beach and won! I wear it like all the time! 

What's your best/worst memory of high school, and why?

Honestly I was quite popular in High school but I got teased a lot for my weight. Skinny + black =anorexia to people in Texas. I'm still 100lbs to this day!

Who do you like better, Bill or Ted, and why?

Bill and Ted are freakin' awesome, BUT I'm all about Wayne and Garth! SWING!

If you were on death row, what would your last meal be?

Fried chicken, mash and corn on the cob cooked by me!

You seem like a really confident person. Have you always been that way?

Yes and no. Growing up really skinny, AND dark-skinned with a big angular face. I had to figure out on my own that my skin tone and body was gift, my manly jawline is beautiful and who gives a fuck how skinny I am! I know I don't!

What is your current obsession?

Man dude, tie dye, studs, customized denim and of course, LEATHER!

Name one thing you love about yourself

I love being a Mom!

How many languages do you speak? If none, which would you like to?

None, my family is from Trinidad and speak fluent Portoguese, I wish I could speak the lingo!

Did you ever think your blog would go as viral as it has?

No way! I just did it to try and it just blew my up in a few months! I was like WOAAAAAAAAH!

Do you regret anything?

I wish I would have started blogging sooner, I feel like I'm playing catch-up. But, I think I'm doing quite well so far, so I'm happy.

Favourite swear word?

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Well, thank you for taking the time out to speak to us! Let our reader know where they could find you and keep updated with VV!

if you go there you will be able to be also connected to my Tumblr & Facebook! 
Much thanks and love to MI! 

Kiss Kiss
Vintage








Interview by AfBrooke
MI
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment