hitme#

Wednesday 25 May 2011

#167 Re-vamp! Oversized tee to Slim fit string dress!

So about 2 years ago I bought this Rolling Stones T-shirt. I initially got it hoping to wear it as a dress or something but it's always just been way too big! I haven't actually worn it as much as I thought I would so I thought I'd turn it into something I might actually wear regularly. 

I've got some pictures of how the process went, and just in-case someone out there would like to try it, I'll write some instructions along with the photos. I think for my first try at this particular method, it went quite well!!

 Lay tee onto a flat surface and make sure all sides are even
Cut both sides to the width that you would like for a bodycon fit (you could use a dress you already own for measuring)


At this point, it should look something like this

When you get to the undearm erea, be sure to cut off a few CM above the original point

Like so, make sure both sides are identical

To stitch the sides together and get the cross effect, you will need about half a metre of stretchy cotton

Cut into long strips 



Once cut, fold all ends together to make one long piece of string

Tighten it to make sure your dress does not come apart when wearing

Now go back to the t-shirt, you now have to poke holes (use a knife/scissors/or thick needle:BE CAREFUL!) all the way up the sides and under the arm

Get your string and start putting it into the holes. Starting from the sleeve

'Sew' the dress with the string in a criss-cross motion

 After completing a few holes, it should be looking something like this
Once you get to the bottom, stretch out the dress so that it's not pulled up too tight and then tie the bottom

Once you finish both sides, it WILL look like this!


This might not be to everyones taste but I actually really like it! And I like it even more because I 'made' it haha. It was just a first go so it doesn't look perfect but now that I know how to do it I'm going to try it on everything!!!! GIVE IT A GO!!! FUN FUN FUN! 

Af
x

No comments:

Post a Comment