hitme#

Wednesday 22 December 2010

#105 Africa on Afropunk D.I.Y

Hay guys!!! A friend requested I do a post on Afropunk (sub-genre of Punk) and I was absolutely content into doing this because some of my favourite artists (as seen below) are part of this genre. I appreciate seeing a difference in the music industry and Afro-punk is a perfect example! Everything from the energy, sound, style, rawness is refreshing. The sounds you are likely to hear range from ska/reggae to downright filthy guitar & drum busting. It's a movement that has continued to grow within the years and is starting to get some well deserved recognition.

The artists of this generation that make music loosely associated with the scene are Noisettes/VV Brown/Santigold/Janelle Monae/Ebony Bones and many more. Although the underground is the only place that offers a true depiction of the style.


Punk music is about being authentic and genuinely enjoying the music and not doing it because it’s the “in” thing to do, cause lets face it, it’s not the “in” thing to do. D.I.Y!!!
AF!!! XOX


























No comments:

Post a Comment