hitme#

Saturday 7 August 2010

022# Nick Knight Shoots Lady Gaga.....for Vanity Fair






On sex:
“I have this weird thing that if I sleep with someone they’re going to take my creativity from me through my vagina. I’m perpetually lonely. I’m lonely when I’m in relationships. It’s my condition as an artist. I’m drawn to bad romances. And my song [Bad Romance] is about whether I go after those [sort of relationships] or if they find me. I’m quite celibate now; I don’t really get time to meet anyone.”

On her success:
“About two weeks ago, I literally realized what had happened in my life. I almost wish it hadn’t hit me so late. I wish it had hit me gradually. It was insane … I thought, How could I possibly be better for you? That’s all I keep thinking: I just want to be better for you. I want to say and sing the right things for you, and I want to make that one melody that really saves your spirit that one day.”


On her lowest point, and subsequent recovery:
“I was laying in my bed on my stomach—this is so sick—but I was eating a salad, and I got a phone call: Can you be at this restaurant in 30 minutes? So-and-so big record executive wants to meet you. And the salad was like a really unhealthy salad, it was like fried chicken or something. So I said, ‘I’ll be right there.’ I got up, went to the bathroom, threw up the salad, did a line of coke, went to the meeting. I was completely mental and had just been through so much. I do not want my fans to ever emulate that or be that way. I don’t want my fans to think they have to be that way to be great. It’s in the past. It was a low point, and it led to disaster. All I will say is I hit rock bottom, and it was enough to send a person over the edge. My mother knew the truth about that day, and she screamed so loud on the other end of the phone, I’ll never forget it. And she said, ‘I’m coming to get you.’ And I remember laying on the pullout bed in the basement in my parents’ house, and I said to my mom, ‘Can we go see Grandma?’ And we didn’t even call her; the next morning we got on the plane to West Virginia, showed up at the house, and I told my [82-year-old] grandma everything. I cried. I told her I thought my life was over and I have no hope and I’ve worked so hard, and I knew I was good. What would I do now? And she said, ‘I’m gonna let you cry for a few more hours. And then after those few hours are up, you’re gonna stop crying, you’re gonna pick yourself up, you’re gonna go back to New York, and you’re gonna kick some ass.’"



She should wear a grey wig more often, it looks fucking gorgeous on her!
looking at the video - the lady is pretty luminous. Not a button-nosed pouty supermodel, to be sure, but undeniably beautiful! :) Love you Mommy monster! x



R.
ox

No comments:

Post a Comment