hitme#

Sunday 5 February 2012

#007 Africa & The Dresses

I spoke to Roxanne the other day about doing a series for our first official collection based on 5 our most influential friends. Since then I've been trying to think of ways get ourselves out there because I'm sure people have heard us talk about who we are, but never actually SEEN what we do. 

This morning I woke up with a thought. Would I be able to make a complete dress from scratch in 24hours? Without using a sewing machine. Just needle & thread. I decided to give it a go, halfway through starting a dress I decided to make as many as I could, and decided on making 3.

When making something I don't usually do a sketch beforehand, because I'm so lazy and impatient(Rox is much better when it comes to planning and doing), I just pick out the materials and resources I need then start making. This time nothing was different, I did just that. The first dress (which is still UNFINISHED) that I have managed to partially-complete was quite simple. I started making it at 1:30pm and finished about 2 hours later. 

I have some photos of the making process but I'm having difficulty uploading them but I might put them up later on. Here are some photos of me modelling the dress. I hope you guys like it. It might not be to everyone's taste but, I like it a lot! 

It's DEFINITELY not a winter dress by the way! 

I did this close up shot so I could show you guys what the gold chain going over my head is all about, it's sewn onto the dress and can be worn as a double necklace or a neck & chain-lace. 

Chain is attached to the leather strap 

The back (which is going to need a lot of attention in order to look the way it looks in my head) is open and has a leather back strap. The bottom half of the dress will pleated and I will be adding more material (netting inside) so it has a full look. I want to do this without making the dress heavy!


FULL FRONTAL VIEW



Hope you guys like it. The dress might look incredibly simple, but it really wasn't a simple process. Let me know what you think!! I'm currently working on the other 2 dresses. I highly doubt I will be able to get them down properly in a day. I will try though. 

My back fucking hurts!!
Happy Sunday.
Africa 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment