hitme#

Tuesday 31 January 2012

#006 "Blunderbuss"

When the White Stripes (Meg & Jack White) announced that they were ending their musical journey together early last year, I for one (amongst a lot of people I know) was NOT happy, some people did think it was a publicity stunt, but after many months it became clear the duo had decided to call time on the band.

On Monday it was announced that Jack White shall be releasing an album to mark the anniversary of their separation as a band. The album "Blunderbuss" will be released in April on White's Third Man Records label. In a statement released, Jack White said "I've put off making records under my own name for a long time but these songs feel like they could only be presented under my name. These songs were written from scratch, had nothing to do with anyone or anything else but my own expression, my own colors on my own canvas,"

Fans can get a taste of what to expect from the album. Here is a song that has been released virally and is also available for purchase. I don't know if this song will make the hairs on the back of my neck stand anytime soon, like his early stuff, but I still think it's quite good. Could be a bit more bluesy though? Maybe I will be able to appreciate it in it's fully glory, after a few listens. 

What do you think?


Africa 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment